Selected Rozovskijs from the 1906 Russian voter lists
Mozyr, Bobruisk, Rechitsa and many other communities printed enormous lists of eligible voters in the November 1906 issues
of the Minsk Vedomosti, the official newspaper for the Russian Empire region known as the "Minsk Gubernya."
The lists appear on Reel 109 and Reel 110 of the microfilm edition of the Vedomosti
published by Norman Ross Publishing.
Thanks to Gladys Paulin, you can find the list for the Rechitsa district online at the JewishGen Belarus SIG. Belarus SIG transcribers are trying to put
the other lists online, but the other lists are gigantic. Maybe 30,000 names. So, if you
want to see the list for your favorite communiy, you may have to break down and pay Norman
Ross $200 for Reel 109 and Reel 110.
I recently had time to look at about half of the lists. Here are some entries that happen to mention the surname ROZOVSKIJ, or some name very similar to Rozovskij.
A few given name-patronymic combinations appear here more than once. In some cases, that may be because one person was eligible to vote in more than one part of the Minsk Gubernya.
No word on whether they used butterfly ballots, or whether any of them accidentally voted for Pat Buchanan.
- Rozovskij, Zusman Khaimovich, number 4881
- Razovskij, Berko Shmujlov, second ward
Note: not sure what numbers after names mean. Wards?
- Rozovskij, Berko Yankelevich, 1
- Rozovskij, Berko-Lejzer Yankelevich, 1
- Rozovskij, Borukh Movshevich, 3
- Rozovskij, Isak Ioselevich, 3
- Rozovskij, Iosel Ioselevich, 2-3
- Rozovskij, Iosel Mikhelevich, 3
- Rozovskij, Lejba Lejzerovich, 1
- Rozovskij, Lejba Ovseev', 1
- Rozovskij, Lejba, 1
- Rozovskij, Lejzer Rubinovich, 3
- Rozovskij, Lipa Nokhimovich, 1
- Rozovskij, Matus' Samujlovich, 3
- Rozovskij, Movsha-Berka Khaimov, 2
- Rozovskij, Nakhman Itzkov, 1
- Rozovskij, Nokhum Movshevich, 1
- Rozovskij, Nokhim Yakelevich, 1
- Rozovskij, Solomon Nokhimovich, 1
- Rozovskij, Srol-Kiva Yankelevich, 1
- Rozovskij, Yankel, 1
- Rozovskij, Movsha Shevel, number 2445
- Rozovskij, Itzko Abramov, number 2513
- Rozovskij, Girsh Shmujlov, number 2553
- Rozovskij, Ura Abov, number 2538
- Rozovskij, Itzko Movshov, number 2647
- Rozovskij, Abram Movshov, number 2628
- Rozovskij, Abram Mikhilev, number 2629
- Rozovskij, Movsha Shevel Nokhimov, number 2632
- Rozovskij, Lejba Movshev
- Rozovskij, Abram Mikhelev
- Rozovskij, Girsh Shliomov
- Rozovskij, Yankel Movshev
- Rozovskij, Lejba Nevakov
- Rozovskij, Zimel Khaimov, number 4845
- Rozovskij, Zusya Khaimov Nakhmanov, number 4846
- Rozovskij, Zusman Khaimov, number 5008
- Rozovskij, Iosel Girshov', number 5087
Mail suggestions and translations to
A.L. Bell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
My surnames: SIVAK, RUDZKI, BLANKLEIDER - northern and western Poland;
BATT, CHATZKY, FERER - Shumsk, Kremenets and Vinnitsa in Ukraine;
ZHITOMIRSKY/GITOMER, HAFT/HEFT - Lubny, Ukraine;
RUDO, ROZOVSKY, DOBRIN, PALEY - Southeastern Belarus and Baltimore.
Not BELL, unless you're related to Sam BELL (Ozer Israel SIVAK).
Site established 9 December 2000